Tuesday, November 16, 2021

NaNo Goals 2021

Photo by Shaun Meintjes on Unsplash
We're more than halfway through NaNo at this point, of course, but while I've been more or less totally radio silent, I am doing something. Longtime readers are of course aware that I don't try to write 50,000 words in November. As you can see from the progress bars, 50,000 words is my fiction writing goal for this entire year. Instead, I set a goal as a number of handwritten pages to complete during November. 

This year, the goal is 30 pages, a bit more than my average over the 3 years that I've been approaching NaNo this way. We're also adding a little bit of a twist: I will be doing those 30 pages entirely in 90 second to 10 minute randomized, timed writing sprints, so that I can get some information on how well those work for me. The post on how NaNo went this year is likely to be as late as this post saying what I'm even trying to do, and it will involve graphs. You have been warned. 

I am also making a small change to one of this year's other goals: I originally defined "movies" as movies I have never seen before, but I am expanding the space of what counts as a movie to include movies I have only seen once, and movies I haven't seen in 12 or more years. Depending on how this goes, I might similarly loosen the criteria on what counts as reading a book (as opposed to a reread), or I might incorporating a certain amount of re-watching into my goals for next year. 

Freelance work continues at an all time high - it's actually gotten more intense since the last time I mentioned it, and I have no real expectation that things will calm down before mid December. I will try to post something about the Wheel of Time (excited!) show before Season 1 is actually over, but who the heck knows. Until we meet again - be gay, do crimes, and read all the things!

No comments:

Post a Comment