Monday, July 31, 2017

The Journal of Evan Not Writing

I spent 15 hours doing work things for money, counting transit time. There were lots of times in there that I could have written stuff, and I didn't, because I was exhausted. I promise this will not always be The Journal of Evan Not Writing. Eventually you will get to see me persevere and write stuff anyway, but this week you get to see me not writing and not beating myself up over it.
I did get a little reading done. With my eyeballs. It's been slow going on The Gathering Storm, despite Sanderson's prose reading faster than Jordan's, 'cause it's just harder to care. I don't have any nifty writerly thoughts about it right now.
I'm listening to White Night, but I don't have a lotta insights there either other than that it's courageous to be messing with the "several seemingly unrelated threads somehow come together" formula this far into a series, although he was sorta half-assing that part in Dead Beat and Proven Guilty anyway. And also that I wish we saw more of Molly's training, because I like apprenticeship narratives.

No comments:

Post a Comment