Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Tuesday

I finished listening to White Night. It's much easier to do clever banter in stories than in real life, because you can give everyone as long as they need to think of a good response.
I've just upped my main job to 40 hours a week, from 32. Counting transit time and whatnot that brings the hours out of my week to 55. Fortunately, I take the bus, so I can get some things done during my commute, but I'm keeping energy expenditure pretty minimal until I can acclimate, or until I determine that I can't.
I did download some submissions for The Fantasist onto my phone, so I can read them. I'm also, along with my partner, now St. Louis chapter head for the Speculative Literature Foundation. Not sure what exactly that work will entail yet, other than figuring out what the speculative writing community here needs and wants, and then figuring out how to help make it happen.
Normally, lately, I sleep for 3 or 4 hours right when I get home and another 3-4 hours before I need to leave by the house, on weekdays. That split schedule means I can be awake during more of the hours that I'm actually awake, but it also means I'm running shorter on sleep this week. I'm also still learning how to be productive with that chunk of time in the middle, how to balance everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment