Friday, September 20, 2019

Weekly Update 9-20-2019

(This is a backdate post - the actual date it went up was 9-29-2019)
I am drastically behind on pretty much everything, except a massive freelance project that even I don't find that interesting, but like, money is a thing.
I did finish reading Night Seeker, which went in a less Tam Lin-y direction than I was expecting. She's not pregnant yet as far as I can tell, her fae lover is as rescued as he's likely to get, and she just got handed a crapton of new responsibilities. And obviously I finished The Unkindest Tide the day it came out. It did the major plot thing it needed to do, and we met a new firstborn, which is always nice, but it did feel a bit "well now that we have that out of the way". The book used the phrase "blood on the floor" like three times, which is so similar to the recurring phrase "blood on the snow" that I sort of think there might be another Indexing book in the offing, even though I kind of got the impression there wasn't supposed to be. And theres an adorable novella from Raj's perspective, which finally follows up on what's been happening with Helen.
I did also start Seawitch, but I'm not really far enough in to have thoughts about it yet. She's working closely with Solis on this one, so that should be interesting.
While I haven't been getting much writing done that isn't for this freelance thing, I have started using an app called 10,000+ to keep track of the time I spend reading and writing. So the 20,000 hours project is sort of back on. I counted like 100 hours from that towards the new tracking, and started the reading from scratch. I might go back to doing the progress bars again, or I might just post screenshots from the damn app. I like it because it has a trendline which gives me a more reasonable and less wildly changeable daily goal to hit than a mean. Before the end of this month, expect a post about reading and writing goals for the coming year, which I have decided starts on October 1st.
If you want me to spend less time on annoying freelance projects I can't talk about, consider supporting my Patreon.

No comments:

Post a Comment